Supermicro X10SRL-F $205 OBO - $120 OBO accepted in qty

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Down to 3 left - 10 sold in last 24 hours!(?)
guessing they're back to making deals to clear the inventory.
Did someone from this community just buy 6 and another 2? I'm just curious is all and a purchase report might be helpful to another user as to whether a deal was to be had.
Glad I grabbed mine. Bet the seller isn't accepting lowball offers anymore.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Hm, so I realized that these have i210 LAN instead of i350, that's kind of annoying. the SRi-F is the one with the i350.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
Hm, so I realized that these have i210 LAN instead of i350, that's kind of annoying. the SRi-F is the one with the i350.
That isn't really an issue for 90%+ of people though.

I, myself, will be dropping a 10gig nic in anyways. Any VMs I'd have on the 210 would just use a virtual bridge, which is fine. I don't need full SRIOV support/etc in a homelab.

Reactions: mmo and itronin

patchate

Jul 3, 2016
I picked up a few of these, but don't need them anymore. Should I make a thread in the for sale section?

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I picked up a few of these, but don't need them anymore. Should I make a thread in the for sale section?
Given there still seems to be some appetite I'd say strike now while the fire is hot and people still have holiday money or small business money to burn before the end of the year.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Why change of heart?
I wanted i350 for SR-IOV instead of i210 and I don't want to have to buy more stuff later when I want to play with it, I'd rather the board just have the capability on-board that I can get to 'eventually'. I'm dropping ConnectX-3 pro 10 gig nics into the builds but I was planning on utilizing those solely for vSAN and vMotion.

Reactions: SRussell

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Anybody know how to speed up the POST process? Takes for freaking ever to get to loading Windows.

TIA

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Supermicro server board fast POST and boot , no going to happen.

I have the same board.
I just go make coffee instead of watching it boot.

Reactions: wquade and Fritz

kapone

May 23, 2015
Supermicro server board fast POST and boot , no going to happen.

I have the same board.
I just go make coffee instead of watching it boot.
Unless you're actually using:
- PXE boot - Disable it
- ISCSI boot - Disable it
- Add-on card ROMs - disable it. (You can always enable them if there's an actual problem and you need to boot the ROM. May not work for every add-on card)
- Disable Quiet boot (that's the Supermicro graphic)
- Once you've configured the board the way you want it, there should only be a single boot option, pointing to whatever you want it to boot.

Shaves a fair amount of time when booting.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks. Also thinking about disabling ipmi as it's not really needed. Nice to have but I'd rather have a shorter boot time.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
IPMI has no effect on warm boot time. It only has an effect when the server is cold booted.
Well actually, "initializing ipmi stays on the screen longer than any other message and does so twice so I'm going to try disabling it an d see if it makes a difference.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Unless you're actually using:
- PXE boot - Disable it
- ISCSI boot - Disable it
- Add-on card ROMs - disable it. (You can always enable them if there's an actual problem and you need to boot the ROM. May not work for every add-on card)
- Disable Quiet boot (that's the Supermicro graphic)
- Once you've configured the board the way you want it, there should only be a single boot option, pointing to whatever you want it to boot.

Shaves a fair amount of time when booting.
I can see no option to disable PXE or iSCSI in the BIOS. :confused: