Supermicro X10SRH-CLN4F 2.0 BIOS to fix boot Mellanox problem?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

namike

Sep 2, 2014
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have the plain jane version 2.0 BIOS for this board? I am attempting to use a Mellanox ConnectX-2 10Gb NIC with this board I bought and it is hanging during POST. A search of the Supermicro site mentioned a problem with the ConnectX-3 and they suggested downgrading from 2.0a to 2.0.

The machine boots/functions fine if I remove the card. I've tried different slots as well, but it hangs at the same spot.

I've e-mail support@supermicro.com, but figured I would take a long shot that one of you STH'er may could help.

Thanks!

iKVM_capture (1).jpg

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
This is really odd. I had the same problem - exact same stall at same point in the boot - on an X11SSH-f using CX-3en ethernet card. I had to fall back a release on the BIOS to fix it. Completely different product family (E3-1200 v5 for me, E5-2600 v3/4 for you).

I wonder if SM has done something odd with more recent BIOS that is conflicting with Mellanox cards?

In any case - I have 5 X10SRH-CF running the 2.0 BIOS with CX3 ethernet cards and no problems. BIOS is the same fof the X10SRH-CF that I have and the X10SRH-CLN4F you have). You could get it easily by emailing support@supermicro.com and they will send you the prior BIOS (you want X10SRH5_C17 dates 12/17/2015).