Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
If you have other items you'd like to buy from supermicro consider using their store for the I/O shields as they're only $2.70. For just one item the shipping makes it more, but if you need more than one or have other things that would already cost you shipping from supermicro it'll save you a few bucks.

Supermicro MCP-260-00042-0N IO Shield For Motherboard and 2U+ Chassis
Good to know, I suspect the ebay seller orders in bulk and sells them for a small profit since supermicro does crazy shipping prices like most manuf do.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Just got my board in today, damn this thing is pretty clean, came with the battery, motherboard screws, and it was packed amazingly well.
Gonna test it out later but I don't expect any issues from visible inspection.

Reactions: Markess

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Just got my board in today, damn this thing is pretty clean, came with the battery, motherboard screws, and it was packed amazingly well.
Gonna test it out later but I don't expect any issues from visible inspection.
Thanks for sharing that. Always nice to know which vendors are packing well. Sounds like if they did give you something at the bottom of the stack, it was a clean stack. :)

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Absolutely this arrived better condition than the 200$ board I bought last year, they used those expanding foam packs, the board was in a big pink antistatic bag, and the plate/screws were in anti static bags taped to the memory channels, so its essentially a custom fit box there was 0 movement (and the 1u heatsink protected the socket).

After looking a little closer one of the fan pins was bent slightly, 20 seconds and a pair of pliers, cant even tell. Socket pins looked great, minor paste still left on the IHS locking and a little around the outside of the socket, easily wiped up its the crap paste that was in flakes.

My only minor complaint is that the heatsink is freaking torqued down hard, had to really put pressure on it to get it off, I legitimately almost couldnt remove it by hand.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
I received mine yesterday and built up a system last night and everything so far works. Bios was on v3.1c (updated to v3.2), IPMI was way out of date on v1.51 (updated to v3.86) and the LSI 3008 firmware was already flashed to IT, but was on v6.xx.xx-IT something (updated to v16.10.00-IT). I was able to get everything up to the latest versions with no issues. I only have 1 stick of DDR4 at the moment, so I haven't been able to test the rest of the slots, but the board was very clean and packed in plastic and spray-foamed into a box. OT did an excellent job packing this for shipment.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
Best of all, IPMI was already set to DHCP enabled, no password on bios, and IPMI password was the default ADMIN/ADMIN, so getting this up and running headless was simple!

Reactions: zack$

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Mine is on the Fed Ex vehicle for delivery today. Can't wait.

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
Is the flash from IR -> IT is still needed with this generation of SAS controller? I thought that started with 3008, now disks could be configured as "non raid" and were directly handled by the OS, like on a HBA.

Waiting for the delivery today too :)

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Is the flash from IR -> IT is still needed with this generation of SAS controller? I thought that started with 3008, now disks could be configured as "non raid" and were directly handled by the OS, like on a HBA.

Waiting for the delivery today too :)
IIRC its better to put it in true it-mode as the non-raid doesn't pass all of the drive information to some OS'es.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
Yep, put it into true IT mode. It's simple to change and it looks like these boards come with IT mode already flashed, which is nice.

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
Just received. As mentioned by the other, very good packaging :)

I also received my U12DX i4 from Amazon Warehouse, seems to be new and unused. Build time tonight!

.. and I just realized that I don't have any SFF-8643 at home...

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
Everything seems to work fine. I think the BIOS firmware is not installed on the SAS 3008:

Code:
[   11.156801] mpt3sas_cm0: LSISAS3008: FWVersion(06.00.00.00), ChipRevision(0x02), BiosVersion(00.00.00.00)
How to be sure that's the IT firmware? I can safely run the SMC3008T.NSH script from supermicro zip?

Unsurprisingly, the SAS chipset seems to run hot in my desktop case, I will need to put a fan on it I think

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
The Supermicro script should run and update the firmware and boot bios. Boot to the UEFI shell.