Supermicro X10SRA-F in a boot loop cycle

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
My SM X10SRA-F started this behavior and I can't seem to resolve it. Exact symptoms as described in their FAQ -

Tried both BIOS and FW reflash to the latest version and also back to the previous version. Removed the battery and cleared CMOS. Removed everything other than one DIMM. Swapped out CPU. This board has a BIOS recovery switch but it does not get that far even If I want to boot to USB. Tries to start and immediately resets, repeats the cycle. Hold the Power switch on the motherboard few seconds to kill it.

Any ideas before I try contacting their tech-support / RMA department

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
Leave it unplugged for an hour or so and then try to boot. Any chance you can try a different PSU to rule that out?

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Thanks. I'll try that again tomorrow after leaving it unplugged for overnight.
- First tried with a different hotswap power supply in the chassis. Then left it disconnected overnight. The issue persisted.
- Removed the motherboard from the 836 chassis to rule out the PDB issue.
- Different SM ATX power supply on bench, different CPU, just 1 stick of RAM.
- Reflashed both IPMI FW and BIOS with the current ( latest version ). Flashed it 1 version older for BIOS and X10_REDFISH_365 with no help.

Just sent SM Tech support an email. Will see what they say.