Supermicro X10SLM+-LN4F & IO Shield $45 +FS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
i have no good experience with the seller , can just warn !

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Grabbed a couple.

Hellloooooo new Pfsense :)

Fingers crossed no issues @zeynel what issue did you have?
Looks like he does bait-n-switch based on feedback, hoping not case with mobo.

Reactions: frogtech

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Okay well now I'm forced to buy them since this was posted on here, I was waffling over them a bit since I saw them on ebay, indeed they are perfect for pfsense, throw in a wi-fi card and a 10gbe NIC and you've got a sick router :D problem is finding a front-port 1U chassis with 2 expansion slots...supermicro 515 is perfect but not cheap.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
It's been the $45 for a bit. The seller has pulled some shady stuff. In one case they knowingly sold bad PCIe SSDs once, perhaps twice. I bought a BNIB from another seller for way more but I wanted the peace of mind when I was building the server. I don't have time to deal with possible hardware issues when it comes to a production server. Not saying used equipment is bad at all. I just didn't trust this seller given prior record.

Reactions: sno.cn and zeynel

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Any suggestions on a microATX chassis for this? Could be rackmount or not. Like I said it seems like it's hard to find a half-depth 1U chassis with 2 PCIe slots for the riser. Only thing I've found is the Supermicro 515 which isn't cheap. I'm thinking compact HTPC cases might be the way to go for it. I don't mind having a 'desktop' router just want it to be as compact as possible.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Mine are already here. They look new or unused. In bulk packaging it looks like. I can't tell if the box is for use by an oem or from SM. At any rate the anti static bag is sealed and a pcie x16 riser is included.

The disappointment? No I/o shield [emoji49][emoji49]

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk