Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F (Xeon D-1537)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
If you load Ubuntu 15.10/16.04 you'll probably see the same Ethernet identification issue I reported on the X10SDV-TP8F. Supermicro is spinning a new BIOS in response to my ticket and I'll have it to test in a few days.

The SAME BIOS appears to apply to all of the X10 flex-ATX boards.

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
I fired mine up and I am unable to connect to IPMI console using IPMIView. The webserver loads, I can auth fine, but when I connect to console view using IPMIView I get "Connection Error". Connecting to console via Java plugin in browser works fine.

Let me know if you're able to reproduce this.

I have the same "FCC & CE pending" sticker on the power connector. Good times ;)

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I have reproduced it. IPMIview won't open the iKVM console. But it works in the browser.

SM knows. Requires an update to IPMIview. The update was not available as of Sunday but they said will be posted any day.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Also - check your bios rev. It's probably the engineering build (version will be a long cryptic string instead of a simple 1.0).

Not sure it matters. I'll be getting a beta of an update a in a day or two to fix the Ethernet SMBIOS/DMI ID conflict. So you'll need to update it shortly anyway.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I didn't get a chance to fire up my board last night but I will when I get home this evening so I will check both the BIOS and IPMI to confirm. Hopefully you get that fixed BIOS version any day @PigLover.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
@PigLover were you able to find any manual for your board? Doesn't appear to be any for these new FlexATX boards on SM's website. Need it for the front panel connectors.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Nope. No manual either. Luckily I've had enough experience with SM boards to puzzle out the important parts.

I did get get the engineering build bios today to test - unfortunately I'm in NJ and the board is in CA. I won't be able to flash it and see if it fixed the NIC identification issue until Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Nope. No manual either. Luckily I've had enough experience with SM boards to puzzle out the important parts.

I did get get the engineering build bios today to test - unfortunately I'm in NJ and the board is in CA. I won't be able to flash it and see if it fixed the NIC identification issue until Saturday.

Got it. I guess I'll just go off the front panel layout of my D-1540 board and hope it's the same. We shall see. If you want to send me the BIOS build you got I could test it tonight (if I ever get this thing powered on :) ).

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
The front panel layout is the same. Exactly the same as every other SM MB.

Unfortunately I don't have a convenient way to download he bios where I'm at.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Ok well the good news is I got the board up and running. The really bad news is that my case/fans is not sufficient to cool the D-1537 the way they are currently configured. The chip is roasting with the two 80mm fans (see below pic) I have blowing at them. Problem may be that the fans are good 7-8 inches away from the CPU but I didn't think that would be such an issue. I think I'm going to either need to jimmy rig some kind of ducting or get higher powered fans (which I was trying to avoid for noise purposes).

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Is there a way to change the temperature thresholds to ensure that motherboard attached case fans speed up when the CPU reaches a specific temperature?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I find it sort of funny yet a little more than mildly annoying that the IPMI KVM Console works on my phone app but not on the desktop app.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Yes. I also received another new board this week that ready had the new BIOS loaded.

Reactions: Yamabushi