Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F+ - $500

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Seller is claiming the board (via contact) is non functioning so expect no buyer protection if you can't get the board working.

brinox

May 7, 2013
You could easily just buy the active "+" Supermicro HSF SNK-C0057A4L and slap it on one of these boards, if that's all that's wrong with it.

Supermicro SNK-C0057A4L Accessories
Supermicro SNK-C0057A4L Heat Sink with retention back plane assembled onboard 672042116386 | eBay

That being said, I think the proper HSF for these boards is actually SNK-C0092A4L but that part number doesn't really yield readily available options for purchase...

Edit: my bad, I didn't see that the IHS was actually removed as well. I think this heatsink would still work pretty well either way, but there's more of a YMMV warning now without that IHS!

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
You could easily just buy the active "+" Supermicro HSF SNK-C0057A4L and slap it on one of these boards, if that's all that's wrong with it.

Supermicro SNK-C0057A4L Accessories
Supermicro SNK-C0057A4L Heat Sink with retention back plane assembled onboard 672042116386 | eBay

That being said, I think the proper HSF for these boards is actually SNK-C0092A4L but that part number doesn't really yield readily available options for purchase...
With no integrated heat shield (IHS) any heatsink for these would not make contact with the CPU die and thus would be useless.

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
With no integrated heat shield (IHS) any heatsink for these would not make contact with the CPU die and thus would be useless.
I might be willing to try something, my thought:

The heatsinks from Cooljag require a different mounting plate put in place because the Intel plate is too low. I wonder without the IHS would the mount now fit without changing the mounting plate on the backside. It would be a a huge risk for sure but a massive gain if it did work.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
If they powered these up with IHS would they kill the chip? I am wondering if they tried that and now they DOA.
Could be. Seller said they were all returned by previous buyer claiming all were defective.

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
Still not really worth it at that price. Maybe at $100 I would try it out but $200 OBO is too much to risk.

mrrensing01

Dec 9, 2015
So I bought one @$250 before they were relisted. Made a copper shim 30mm x 30 mm x 0.05mm, slapped on some thermal paste, and installed a SNK-C0057A4L. Cleared the BIOS and booted it up. So far, so good with a single DIMM though not exhaustive by any stretch. The heatsink is warm to the touch while I was poking around the BIOS/IPMI. None of the sensors were reading in IPMI after I did the factory reset.

The BIOS "splash screen" is a Microsoft logo so that probably explains where they came from.

I didn't mess with it as much as I wanted too but will get back to it tonight. The BIOS rev was 1.1c, didn't catch the IPMI version. Hoping I get sensor data back after updating/refreshing both.

mrrensing01

Dec 9, 2015
FYI, my non-delided X10SDV-16C idles around 45–55°C. Curious to see the difference.
That 's good info. I'm nervous about turning the main power back on until I can get sensor readings. The remote BIOS update license is applied, but I was hoping to backup the BIOS that's on there first. Hopefully the IPMI flash will restore the sensors...

Reactions: frogtech