Supermicro X10DRH-iLN4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
I am looking at this board for pair of 2683 v3 ES processors running ESXi but not finding any reviews of this exact board. Does anyone here have any experience good or bad with it? If no direct experience how about opinions?

Thanks

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
@nicklebon that's a standard variant for the X10 gen products. You can look at X10DRH reviews and just check feature differences which are usually NICs and LSI SAS

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks! Yes I had done that previously and based on those this board seem a good fit. I had hoped someone may have direct experience with the exact board. Now I need to find someone other than superbiiz that actually has it.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
I've another related question concerning Supermicro in general. I contacted Wired Zone this AM about this board and ATM it is out of stock. They claim they will be getting more but not sure when. The guy said he would get back to me. In the meantime I found it here:

Supermicro X10DRH-ILN4-O Dual LGA2011/ Intel C612/ DDR4/ SATA3&USB3.0/ V&4GbE/ | eBay

My concern is that these folks do not appear on the SM site as authorized resellers. Will I run into issues with SM if I buy this and need warranty/support issues down the road?

Let me add this. The intent of the board is to house 2 e5-2683 v3 ES cpus and run ESXi + Nappit as an AIO inside a SM 836 chassis in my home lab. I would be open to other SM boards provided they include IPMI w/ kvm and 4x gbe ports. I would also be open to SFP+ options but those appear to be slot limited. I have zero interest in 10Gbase-t which IMHO has negative value.

Thanks,

Last edited: