SuperMicro X10 + Innodisk SATA DOM issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
Today I got two Innodisk SATADOMs that I ordered a while back. One with the tiny attachable power cable and the other to be powered off my X10 board. The board has the orange slot indicating it's to be used for powering these things.

The non 7pin power version or whatever it's called with the attachable cable worked perfectly..no issues. I cannot get the other to show up in the BIOS etc. Before I shutdown my pfSense box and swap the cable over to the other to see if that works does anyone know of something else I'm overlooking?

Maybe a motherboard jumper or a BIOS setting? I didn't see anything in the manual but I may have overlooked something. Any help would be appreciated as this is my first experience using any type of SATADOM and I would have assumed it would "just work" and the non 7-pin power one did..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
What if you power the 7-pin drive using a cable not using the slot? Mine have always just worked but maybe you got a DOA drive?

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
Yeah that's what I'm going to have to try next. Was just hoping to avoid that because it means de-racking by pfSense box and that means no internet :(

Thanks!