Supermicro unRAID System From MrRackables

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Pdneiman, theserverstore, met-parts-sales, garlandcomputer, cloudninjas just to name a few. I think the first 3 are all the same company though with different accounts.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MiniKnight

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Weighing in a little late here on Mr Rackables since I have bought (and avoided buying) several things from them over the last few years:
  • Great customer service and responsiveness to inquiries, as others have said.
  • Packaging varies a lot - sometimes great, other times totally insufficient and items have been damaged in shipping even though they are only going 50 miles to get to me. Yes it's not too hard to unbend quickrail ends, but why don't you buffer the ends with closed cell foam, not just bubble wrap which pops in shipping?
  • Prices range from overpriced to completely fair - on ebay - their website often has higher list prices - drive prices listed on ebay seem pretty high to me.
  • Slightly deceptive description wording, especially for the less experienced buyer - for ages they were using deceptive wording to sell tons of Supermicro 846 and some 847 chassis' with old SAS1 expander backplanes and compatible with drives larger than 2TB, later changed to a disclaimer that you can't fill it fully with >2TB drives, and I think most recently they have finally dropped that. Also I have seen LSI 9211-8i cards advertised in listings with a footnote that they are actually reflashed Dell PERC H310 cards - Why not just be upfront about it and say it is an LSI SAS2008 based card in IT mode, Dell model PERC H310?