Supermicro Superchassis Cse-504-203B 200W Mini 1U Rackmount Server Chassis (Black) - 80$ Shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Bump shoot me offers if I'm too high
For me personally, it's not the price. It's that you have "No International Shipping ,No Exceptions" in the original post.

OTOH, I've got no idea how much it costs to ship a (mini) 1U rack from the US (assuming that's where you are) to the UK. I would love something very much like this chassis like this for my lab, even if you did you international shipping, but I still would have many questions about its suitability (e.g., noise, size, etc).

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
For me personally, it's not the price. It's that you have "No International Shipping ,No Exceptions" in the original post.

OTOH, I've got no idea how much it costs to ship a (mini) 1U rack from the US (assuming that's where you are) to the UK. I would love something very much like this chassis like this for my lab, even if you did you international shipping, but I still would have many questions about its suitability (e.g., noise, size, etc).
It’s not the cost it’s the hassle, US is easier plain as simple. I’ve put no international before and I get but why messages. This gets the point across. International users here get so grumbly about it I’ve never seen anything like it.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
It’s not the cost it’s the hassle, US is easier plain as simple. I’ve put no international before and I get but why messages. This gets the point across. International users here get so grumbly about it I’ve never seen anything like it.
The irony is astonishing. You bumped your own thread and asked, in a roundabout kind of way, whether the price was too high. I replied and said that it's not the price, but the fact that you don't do international shipping. IME, the only time it ever gets difficult is when people start complaining about customs charges.

BTW, a lot of other vendors and sellers seem to do just fine with international selling, and I regularly buy and send internationally with few more problems than domestic.

On a positive note, at least I now know about this chassis and I'll be keeping my eyes open for one just like it. So thank you for that. I looked it up on the Supermicro website and it looks like a great chassis. I'd like to get more into rack mounting, but unfortunately it's not a very home-friendly thing, due mostly to the noise (as far as I understand). Maybe I can find one of these ones and make it quiet.

Last edited: