Supermicro site no longer showing compatible memory?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
Am I missing something or is the Supermicro site now only showing the Supermicro memory model number for all “compatible memory” when you’re looking at a specific motherboard?

I seem to remember looking at a board before and seeing Samsung, Micron, etc model numbers. Now only the Supermicro model for example MEM-DR464MC-ER29.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Yeah, certainly seems to be the case. At least you can just look up images of the specific Supermicro SKUs as they still keep the manufacturer labels. You would be looking at MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2 for example.

Hopefully they don't remove the OEM labels in the future, though it wouldn't surprise me seeing as a large number of barebones cannot be bought as anything but a complete system now.

Reactions: Weapon

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
For MBD-X11SDV-4C-TP8F

still works
BUT
this is only a tested list and basically they don't guarantee anything unless its part of a Server you bought (ie SM own rebranded memory)

Not to mention if a module goes EOL even if the board they had tested on is still available then you're sh*t out of luck if its not working as expected for some reason (new bios, components, whatsoever).

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
While we’re on the subject, is there any way to get the “legacy” view for the motherboard section that showed all models for a particular chipset? I much preferred that to the matrix view.

lunadesign

Aug 7, 2013
Am I missing something or is the Supermicro site now only showing the Supermicro memory model number for all “compatible memory” when you’re looking at a specific motherboard?

I seem to remember looking at a board before and seeing Samsung, Micron, etc model numbers. Now only the Supermicro model for example MEM-DR464MC-ER29.
It looks like they removed that column from the tables. That's really unhelpful.