Supermicro Single Socket Epyc Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

herby

Aug 18, 2013
Supermicro's teasing a little more info on their AMD Epyc page:

Supermicro AMD EPYC™ Processor-based Solutions | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc.

I've been tuning in regularly to see what they have in the pipe, and it looks like the a third model number was added and specs have changed a little. What I'm happiest to see is the tiny mobo picture (no longer blurred) that seem to confirm a ATX form factor and good layout for normal server airflow.

bitrot

Aug 7, 2017
Looks similar to their Intel Xeon Scalable offerings as far as the features are concerned. More PCIe slots, obviously, but no on-board 10GBe option (neither 10Gbase-T, nor SFP+) on their single socket boards, which I find strange.

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
Looks like it's setup for a storage platform. The lack of 10GB onboard is a design choice but the PCIe slots give the flexibility for whatever network add-on card you want....if using for an NVMe build 10GB could easily be a bottleneck in which case do you go 40GB ethernet, 32GB FC, Infiniband, or one of the NVMoF style methods?

bitrot

Aug 7, 2017
Well, they do have the option for the two socket boards. Sure, if you want to go all NVMe 10GBe will not be fast enough, but you'd expect to have the option at least.

ntruhan

Feb 10, 2017
Hello,
I see now that Supermicro has this listed now and one of their suppliers (PCMall) has a price (438.99 for the NC model) but no availability. Do we know if a release date for this board has been determined? So far this seems like the best setup/price that I have seen for a single processor EPYC board.

herby

Aug 18, 2013
Hello,
I see now that Supermicro has this listed now and one of their suppliers (PCMall) has a price (438.99 for the NC model) but no availability. Do we know if a release date for this board has been determined? So far this seems like the best setup/price that I have seen for a single processor EPYC board.
I don't think anyone has them in stock yet. Searching at:
Provantage http://www.provantage.com/supermicro-mbd-h11ssl-i-b~7SUPM5TR.htm
CDW SUPERMICRO MB H11SSL-I AMD 1TB DDR4 - MBD-H11SSL-I-B - Motherboards/Chassis - CDW.comhttps://www.antarespro.com/Search.aspx?key=H11SSL&SearchGo.x=10&SearchGo.y=13
and AntaresPro AntaresPro.com: Quick Search

H11SSL boards are all listed as out of stock or special order.