Supermicro SC836 / Compellent CT-SC030 Rail Kit

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Shane Cruz

Jul 15, 2017
I am really struggling to figure out which rails I need for this chassis. From what I have read, the correct rails may have changed midway through the production of this Compellent server, which makes it even more difficult. The model #’s engraved on the back of the two servers that I have don’t seem to align with the naming convention at the link below.

Chassis | Product Naming Conventions | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Is there an easy way to determine if I need the older rails or the newer narrow rails?

The two models I have are:
  1. 01-SC83618-XX00C102
  2. 01-SC83618-XX00C001
Any help would be greatly appreciated! If pictures of the side of the servers would help, please let me know.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
99% sure you need MCP-290-00058-0N. All the 836 should use the wider, square hole rails.

AlexHuang

Sep 28, 2019
I know this is a relatively older thread, but did you ever sort this out? I have 01-SC83618-XX00C001 chassis I would like to get rails for, but also don't want to buy something I cannot easily return (I'm in Canada, most rail sources are not).

Otherwise I will park it on a shelf.

Thanks!

I am really struggling to figure out which rails I need for this chassis. From what I have read, the correct rails may have changed midway through the production of this Compellent server, which makes it even more difficult. The model #’s engraved on the back of the two servers that I have don’t seem to align with the naming convention at the link below.

Chassis | Product Naming Conventions | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Is there an easy way to determine if I need the older rails or the newer narrow rails?

The two models I have are:
  1. 01-SC83618-XX00C102
  2. 01-SC83618-XX00C001
Any help would be greatly appreciated! If pictures of the side of the servers would help, please let me know.