Supermicro SAS3 HBA

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

abq

May 23, 2015
Reactions: Samir and Sleyk

abq

May 23, 2015
Yup, I've bought quite a few Fujitsu cards from this EU seller. They have tons of the Fujitsu cards. They actually do ship to the US, as I've gotten many from them.

They're a german seller, and they take pride in their cards and ship them well packaged and test each one.

The only thing is, for me, I ordered bulk, like 20 or so cards at a time, so I think it was worth it to them, so I'm not sure if they will do singles, but you can certainly try.
Hi Sleyk,
thank You for taking time to let me know they may ship, if i ask via PM. ...any chance you have 1 or 2 extra you want to pass along ? ;)
Cheers,
ABQ :)

Reactions: Samir and Sleyk

kellenw

Jan 15, 2022
I needed some with half height brackets, and I found these for a few bucks less (but no best offer option). Still a few available, so thought I'd throw it up here in case anyone was needing the short bracket. :)

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Sorry, newbie flasher here. I wish to use this in a non supermicro mb. Can I assume I need to cross flash to the LSI version?
How exactly do i cross flash the AOC-S3008L-L8E to the LSI version?

Reactions: Samir

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Perhaps I shouldnt say anything since I have no experience with this card. But I'd say that you'd have to be very sure that the card is a copy of the LSI design to be able to cross flash. Better if you find the proper firmware for the add on card and flash that. High risk of bricking if you put wrong firmware on it. And btw, all 3008 cards are "LSI-versions" since they make the chip, and thus supply the firmware.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Supermicro isn't known for making proprietary hardware so there probably isn't a reason to flash to the LSI version.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
So I should just update the AOC S3800L8e with the supermicro firmware?
Because the manual for the card states specifically that its only meant for SM boards

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Can you post a picture of your board? The "AOC-S3008L-L8E" is a Supermicro board. Is that what you have?

kellenw

Jan 15, 2022
Sorry, newbie flasher here. I wish to use this in a non supermicro mb. Can I assume I need to cross flash to the LSI version?
How exactly do i cross flash the AOC-S3008L-L8E to the LSI version?
You probably don't need to mess with cross flashing it. I have deployed several of these in non-supermicro machines/motherboards without any issue. They just work as is.

Reactions: epicurean