Supermicro Rack Rails - Threaded Rack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Spyderturbo007

Jun 2, 2020
I’m hoping someone can help me. I purchased a 847E Supermicro server and have a 45U Chatsworth 4-post in my basement. Unfortunately, my rack has threaded holes and not the more normal cage but setup. So the rails that came with the server obviously won’t work with my rack. I can’t seem to find any rails for the server that don’t use the square hole cage but design.

Do I have any options here or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
The little brackets that @nthu9280 linked even come in the little parts box with the chassis some of the time depending on where you source the chassis from.

Spyderturbo007

Jun 2, 2020
Thanks to both of you for the help. I didn’t receive them with my server so I’ll have to source some.

I’m not sure if they will work with my Chatsworth Rack though. The posts are double sided in the front and back on this rack. It looks like the brackets would have to go on the insides of both rails possibly making the depth to shallow for the rails.

Sorry my picture gets turned sideways when it’s uploaded.

CB09A168-0283-4F58-91EC-D515C5480215.jpeg

JSchuricht

Apr 4, 2011
You should be able to use the supermicro rails with a bit of work. I have a round hole rack with cage nuts. For the SC846 chassis which should be a similar rail, on one side I was able to unscrew the square pegs. The other side of the rail also unscrews but required drilling a small hole to get to the screws. Once you remove the square peg portion, I was left with tabs that I could put 10/32 screws through. It was about 5 minutes of work, no additional cost and I was able to do similar mods to 2u and 1u supermicro chassis as well.