EU SUPERMICRO - Motherboard X11SSL-CF @ 126€

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by michathe, Dec 18, 2018.

1. michathe

michathe Active Member

2. ullbeking

ullbeking Active Member

Nice board. Thanks for the heads up.

3. niekbergboer

niekbergboer Active Member

It's back up to EUR 276 now... I was indeed too good to be true.

4. ullbeking

ullbeking Active Member

I would have got it if I had a real need for it, but regardless of price I'm only buying hardware that I really, really need. Unfortunately, this is merely "nice to have" hardware for me.

5. Stephan

Stephan IT Professional

Careful with Jacob and "B-Ware" ("beware" - well actually in German that word means "refurbished"). What is happening here is that someone orderered that board, couldn't get it to work, or didn't like it, and sent it back. Sometimes the previous owner manages to rip components off the board like when installing a wrong cpu heatsink. So it in fact is now unstable or outright defective but Jacob will not catch this, they will re-sell to the next buyer. Unless you are really deep into hardware and can pinpoint such problems with 10+years experience, I would buy only new. Less hassle.

ullbeking likes this.
  6. ullbeking

ullbeking Active Member

Fascinating. I will ask my partner about this...

OK, I asked my partner and she said it has the exact same meaning as in English ;-) But I see what your meaning is, obviously :)

Yes, this explains the amount of "new" hardware on Ebay. If it doesn't come from a legitmate shop front, then why would I buy from Ebay instead of a proper shop, with a retail laws, manufacturer warranty, etc?

I agree. In fact, unless I am purchasing complex/complicated second hand hardware (mainboard, etc) from a trusted source, I purchase new. As you said (much) less hassle.

This all explains a lot. And your post, @Stephan , should go in some sort of STH "hall of fame".