Supermicro JBOD - Beeping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mkyb14

Jul 26, 2017
Looking for some help with a Supermicro SC846 case, using a SAS-846EL1 backplane. I've installed a JBPWR2 v1 in the case following the manual. All I get is a constant beep. I've made a video of what I'm experiencing and the connections. I've yet to add hdd's to it and was working on making sure everything powered up and the eventual passthrough to proxmox. For right now, I cannot figure out what it's beeping on power up and cannot find any documentation.

Looking for any insight.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fqDWxljUG7FnJJMr2

mkyb14

Jul 26, 2017
So what's interesting is that none of the fan / buzzer jumpers are closed. all are open, and based on 2-5 of the manual and the diagram, nothing should be monitored / beeping.

Any other thoughts?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Make sure the manual matches the model of backplane you have. If you double check the jumpers and all look correct contact supermicro and see what they say I guess.

Reactions: T_Minus

Kybber

May 27, 2016
Also make sure you either connect power to both power supplies or pull out the one that's not connected. Inserted power supplies without power will harass you.
(Mind you I didn't watch the video, so this post may be off the mark. Just sharing my personal experience :))