Supermicro IPMI restarting with server?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
I'm having this really odd thing on my X10SRH-CF board, where every time I restart/reset the server through IPMI or the OS, the IPMI will restart along with it. Therefore, I cannot get into BIOS without needing to use a spider because by the time the IPMI reinitializes, the server has already booted into the drive..

Anybody know why this could be happening? The IPMI works fine and all, and it wasn't having this problem before I dropped it off at a datacenter.

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
Is IPMI using the dedicated or shared interface? I've seen this behavior when using the shared.
You know what, this is exactly what I'm thinking. I just changed the IPMI LAN interface to "dedicated" and it stopped working, "failover" doesn't work either, however, "shared" works. I'm thinking maybe the datacenter didn't plug one in? I've emailed them and am waiting for a response, will update this thread when they do. Thank you for your response.

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
Yep that was the problem. They didn't have anything plugged into the IPMI port. Well that solves my issue :)