Supermicro IPMI - Missing readings

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SavageWS6

Feb 2, 2016
Pennsylvania
Board: X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD
Chassis: CSE-825
PSU: pws-702a-1r (Sadly for the time being)

Latest BIOS and BMC/IPMI

Issue 1: In IPMI Web and and IPMIView20 I only see PS2 status, and not the other PSU. I have it hooked up, and the server auto fails over when I disconnect the other PSU, vice versa. So I know the bus is working properly. Before the update, I was getting PS1/PS2 readings... but it was in need of a major update of fan profiles and hardware support/security fixes.

Issue 2: I also have a blank Power Consumption page: http://i.imgur.com/zEj78Rk.png

From what I can see (Being my first board with IPMI) I'm getting readings for all my other sensors on the board, no boot issues, no weird login issues or errors.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
From what I can see (Being my first board with IPMI) I'm getting readings for all my other sensors on the board, no boot issues, no weird login issues or errors.
I had an issue with DIMM temperatures not showing up on one X8DTH-iF board and Supermicro support told me to re-flash the IPMI with YAFUKCS (this may not be applicable to your board) and have the utility clear the IPMI config while flashing.

Reactions: Brian Topping