Supermicro Intel C602 Dual LGA2011 System Board w/ Heatsink X9DRW-IF $196 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
The mounting holes should be the same as EATX (minus the missing ones). It should fit most chassis if you can live without the PCIe slots.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I think it's only viable if you have 21* / 82* chassis with WIO rear window and needed risers. I saw that listing too. The one I linked includes 2U passive heat sinks.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Agreed with @BLinux. These WIO boards have been down in this price point fairly regularly over the last year or two, but they have added costs for risers and a WIO rear window if your chassis doesn't have one already.

The mounting holes should be the same as EATX (minus the missing ones). It should fit most chassis if you can live without the PCIe slots.
For under $100 you should be able to get the parts to convert most 2U Supermicro chassis to WIO. That price may cancel out the savings for going with this board, but also lets you use full height cards in 2U which could be useful.

Last edited:

burtonmadness

Feb 19, 2015
Hmm, have a 825TQ-R720UB chassis, vs the WB chassis thats listed in the supermicro configurator. The mobo spec sheet also says a revisionM chassis is required.

Anyone know difference between the UB and WB chassis?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@burtonmadness the UB chassis allow for using a UIO card. They were pcie cards Supermicro made that faced the opposite direction of every other pcie card.

I'm not sure what differences you'll see with that chassis as far as how many pcie cards you can fit in. Looking at some others it seems like there is usually one UIO slot and the rest are regular orientation so it might still be quite usable. Otherwise you can get a WIO rear window direct from Supermicro and swap it in.