SuperMicro H8DGU-F BIOS password reset

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

usingtheleftovers

Sep 26, 2021
I also have one of the Advantech boards I am trying to flash the BIOS on. ASMB-913I. Has anyone had any luck finding a bios image for this? I have root access to the system, and ipmi administrative access. The ipmi looks like it has been customized to remove all bios interaction. The boot device has been locked to a single pci m.2 card, and any changes to that require a bios password. Really stuck on this one so far. I downloaded something for an ipmi firmware flash from advantech's website, but it appears to not be a valid flash image, an ima file extentions. I tried to flash the BMC through ipmitool in linux, but no dice.

unboltedsink

Feb 23, 2023
classic reviving an old thread for help

did anyone figure out anything for the Advantech boards?

I went as far as emailing them to see if they would provide me a clean bios rom file as I do have a rom flasher but nothing back yet. (same issue as described above, the file on there website is not actually a bios file some package file for many different boards)

unboltedsink

Feb 23, 2023
the IMA file is 32 M Bites and the bios chip is 16 M Bites (128 M bit)

I even went as far as unpacking the IMA file to see if the individual bios was contained within but could not fine any files that seemed to be correct