SuperMicro H12SSL-NT / AOC-S3108 no Storage Health Information

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BWC

May 5, 2021
Hi,

I'am running a new system with VMware 7.0u2 (free ESXi) and facing the problem that Host -> Monitor -> Hardware -> Storage is showing 63 Items all with the same "Unknown" Health state.

Is there any way to fix this, because I would like to see if my RAID is healthy etc.? I could do this with storcli64 which is installed as well, but I prefer the WebUI for that.

Thanks and stay safe.

--Michael

BWC

May 5, 2021
Hi,

still no luck on this, so I tried to get LSI Storage Authority to work. Installation on Ubuntu 20.04 was successful. Without the SMI-S CIM Provider installed I cannot add the ESXi to the list with Manual Discovery, after installing BCM_bootbank_lsiprovider_700.00.V0.81-0001 I'am able to connect, but no controller got listed.

What am I doing wrong? Is the lsiprovider just not right for the installed driver?
7.717.04.00-1OEM.700.1.0.15843807

Is it a VMware setting I'am missing?

I'am totally lost at the moment.

--Michael

BWC

May 5, 2021
I gave up on this, Hyper-V it is, the Supermicro reseller was of no help either, so I guess the Hardware Combo with ESXi (free) is just not a good combo.

--Michael

JFO

May 3, 2020
Esxi 7 free on X10SRH-CF LSA show integrated sas3008 and add-on sas3108.
Install lsi provider, enable sfcbd-watchdog, restart server. Connect to server with administrator account.
As I remember this procedure.

Reactions: gseeley and BWC

BWC

May 5, 2021
JFO that's exactly how I did it, I tested several mr3 drivers but no luck. Maybe it's an AMD Epyc related thing, I don't know.
I would have preferred VMware because I feel more home on it, but at the end flying blind without hardware status is a no no.

--Michael