Supermicro H11SSW-NT BIOS upgrade failed no post/black screen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
I tried updating my motherbaord Supermicro H11SSW-NT BIOS from 2.1 to 2.4 on Firmware Resources | Support I done this inside BMC > Maintenance > Update BIOS and opened BIOS_H11SSW-1B19_20211228_2.4_STDsp.bin. It said it completed and asked to boot, at which point it only shows a black screen and no post.

POST Snooping: ad

I'm not too sure what to try now I don't know exactly how to flash BIOS and I can't find 2.1 to download. So far I have only removed the battery and waited a few minutes before booting no change.

DavidWJohnston

Sep 30, 2020
Can you still access the IPMI web interface? If so, did you try the flashing again, or try the 1.0a version that's also on the downloads page?

If you can't access the IPMI, the interface may have switched back to DHCP and it's listening on a different IP. Use a network scanner like nmap/zenmap or "Wireless Network Watcher" to enumerate each device on the subnet, and you should see it if it's alive on a different IP it's fetched from DHCP.

This is what it looks like when Wireless Network Watcher scans my oob-mgmt subnet and finds my 2 supermicro servers:
1683341011555.png

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
Can you still access the IPMI web interface? If so, did you try the flashing again, or try the 1.0a version that's also on the downloads page?

If you can't access the IPMI, the interface may have switched back to DHCP and it's listening on a different IP. Use a network scanner like nmap/zenmap or "Wireless Network Watcher" to enumerate each device on the subnet, and you should see it if it's alive on a different IP it's fetched from DHCP.

This is what it looks like when Wireless Network Watcher scans my oob-mgmt subnet and finds my 2 supermicro servers:
View attachment 28793
I can still access IPMI I tried flashing again no luck, same for now trying 1.0a.

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
Thank you for the replies that link worked @RolloZ170 - I have two of these motherboards and noticed the link you gave me now no longer shows as "Supercloud" anything to be worried about?