Supermicro EPYC 7002 PCIe 4.0 Build question regarding compatibility

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chrisk2305

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Experts,

I already spent a good amount of time figuring out how to build a DIY EPYC 2 PCIe 4.0 system with Supermicro components. I also need support for FHFL PCIe Addin Cards (for that Reason I choose the WIO Chassis).

I would like to use this chassis (because of WIO and 4x U2 hotplug slots):

SC826BAC4-R920WB | 2U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

with this Mainboard:

H12SSW-iN | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

and this Riser (although it is intended for 1U):

RSC-W-66G4 Supermicro 1U LHS WIO Riser card with two PCI-E 4.0 x16 slots,HF,RoHS

imho this is the only option to build a 2U EPYC PCIe 4.0 system based on Supermicro Components.

Can somebody confirm if this combo will work as intended or maybe you guys have other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Last edited:

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
Supermicro makes four different 7002 boards with PCIe4 (Product Compare | Supermicro).

Of the four boards, two boards are WIO styled the H12SSW-iN and H12SSW-NT though I'm not seeing mush a different between the two.

Chassis wise if your looking at 2U WIO-style with the U2 slows and FHFL slots, the CSE-826BAC4-R920WB or CSE-826BAC4-R1K23WB (Product Compare | Supermicro) are your only options.

Riser card wise, I would think the RCS-W2-66 though 2U variant allowing for double-wide GPU's Riser Card Matrix | Supermicro).