Supermicro CSE 512 Mini 1U Server Chassis with single power supply $40+ship

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Shipping shows only $15 for me, and it includes the power supply even though it's only 140w:

Reactions: Filez and itronin

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Shipping shows only $15 for me, and it includes the power supply even though it's only 140w:
I've bought from this vendor in the past.

They will negotiate within eBay messages for a group buy and custom order, including looking up parts they don't have posted for sale, which ends up being an adjusted invoice on eBay they send you.

They will also combine shipping and cut costs when shipping multiple items.

I have no complaints with them. Even for my small order, they were messaging a lot and very responsive.

Last edited:

Filez

Feb 18, 2019
what you are going to use it for? I was looking for something that can hold two 3.5" drives?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Power supply on those is 260W, not 140W, but keep in mind that it's ancient. Not even 80+ rated. My guess is these are approximately 15 years old, so, something to be aware of. I recall having a few of these for some Socket 775 systems a long time ago.

Reactions: frogtech

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Power supply on those is 260W, not 140W, but keep in mind that it's ancient. Not even 80+ rated. My guess is these are approximately 15 years old, so, something to be aware of. I recall having a few of these for some Socket 775 systems a long time ago.
I have a couple of these. The 1U chassis is very flexible as it can take up to ATX size motherboards whilst still being relatively short. But that PSU is loud, and I would consider changing it a newer, quieter , more energy efficient one.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Apparently there is more than one version of the CSE 512. I have a stack of them. Some have quick release lids like the one in the eBay listing and some have screws that hold the lid on. The quick release is definitely the better of the two.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Do flex ATX PSUs fit in the chassis, or are we bound to the Supermicro ecosystem for the chassis?
Apparently there is more than one version of the CSE 512. I have a stack of them. Some have quick release lids like the one in the eBay listing and some have screws that hold the lid on. The quick release is definitely the better of the two.
I have a couple of these. The 1U chassis is very flexible as it can take up to ATX size motherboards whilst still being relatively short. But that PSU is loud, and I would consider changing it a newer, quieter , more energy efficient one.

This is a chassis model that Supermicro still sells. There are a number of different Gold/Platinum PSUs that fit, and which sometimes come up cheap on Ebay. 1U Chassis | Chassis | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. includes links to all the different version product pages that list the different PSU part number(s).

Sold out on Ebay right now (somebody got 18 today), but this seller will usually post in small batches as they get them ready for sale. So, not out of the question that there will be more for sale in the near future.

Reactions: itronin and Fritz