Supermicro chassis’s alternatives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
I would like to find chassis to house my Supermicro serverboards

I have three:
1) X10Dri-t
2) X10DRG-Q
3) X9DRX+-f

I own these serverboards and used them for home servers and workstation. Now I want to repurpose them and put them all in 2U chassis if possible. I am new to server chassis and haven’t used any before. The chassis I used to house the above three serverboards were all open-air or DIY chassis.

I know where to find the compatible chassis models from SM websites but they are too expensive to me. I am wondering if I can find alternatives with much lower cost. I don’t mind 2nd hand and non SM brands.

Actually all I need is chassis and reliable PSUs to house those serverboards. Any advice on where to find or how to start would be appreciated.

By the way if you have used chassis that are compatible with these serverboards to let go please let me know.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I know where to find the compatible chassis models from SM websites but they are too expensive to me. I am wondering if I can find alternatives with much lower cost. I don’t mind 2nd hand and non SM brands.
ok, so I think you might want to be more specific because "expensive" is a relative term. To me, SM chassis, especially used, are among the cheaper options available. So, if you think that's expensive, it might help to know what your price range is. I've found 2U 825 chassis for $75, or 3U 836 chassis for $100~$200. So, is that expensive to you?

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
I have bought a couple of cases from xcase.co.uk through the years. They sell SM, Chenbro as well as their own cases. Their prices are alright imo.