Supermicro Chassis Parts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Anyone by chance have the part# for the bag of hardware for installing standoffs, and screws for motherboard?

I got 3 supermicro chassis (ironically all 4u/towers) and all of them have 0 stand-off installed!

The chassis are all 747 4U/Tower based.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
@britinpdx yep! Those are what I'm needing... had no clue they'd be $20 a bag, wowzer! Going to spend a few minutes looken through a bunch of bags I have to double check for 20 bucks, ha ha :)

Anyone know a U.S.A source for those? I'd like to buy 3 sets, hopefully $8-12/each and not $15+ :)

Xicaque

Mar 28, 2017
Olympia
Have you tried getting in touch with SM? You can call them and give them your chassis model. Do not email them as this approach does not work too well. Call them.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Have you tried getting in touch with SM? You can call them and give them your chassis model. Do not email them as this approach does not work too well. Call them.
If you don't need the oddball metric CPU heatsink supports, the rest of the parts are relatively normal. The standard standoffs are 6-32 male-female hex standoffs (I don't remember the length, but I can go measure one if necessary).

Unfortunately, if you need the oddball heatsink supports, based on other experiences here, Supermicro isn't particularly interested in selling the bag of hardware (which apparently doesn't have a Supermicro part number, just a bag labeled "M/B" which comes with the chassis) to people who bought used chassis. If you contact them, I suggest you use the "I'm changing the motherboards in my SCxxx chassis and I didn't save the extra hardware" explanation (which is true) and not get into where you bought the chassis in the first place unless they ask. And "I don't know, somebody else did that way-back-when" is truthful.