Intel RMS25CB080

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Intel RMS25CB080 Raid adapter. This will work on a bunch of intel server and workstation boards.
LSI 2208 based adapter, supports raid or JBOD.
See compatible products here:
Intel® Integrated RAID Module RMS25CB080 Product Specifications
I bought this with the battery unit on E-Bay as the cheapest way of getting the battery. It powers up, flashed fine, recognized drives, etc.
$30 shipped conus.

BACKPLANE is SOLD
SuperMicro BPN-SAS2-EL1
I just bought from EPCSALES on ebay, wanted to upgrade the sata backplane on my 2u box, but it was going to take too much modification to shoehorn this in.
It does power up, recognized sata drives.
Would like to get $40 shipped conus.
It shows up as MFG 02.29, Red0 Ver 55.07.23.00, Reg1 ver 55.07.23.00
I have a request in to SM for updates, but have not gotten a response yet.

Last edited:

ben555

Dec 12, 2014
Hey I would like to buy your backplane, cloud so posts pictures to check if it fits may case.
And tell me how much shipping to 53229 Bonn, Germany would be?

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Hey I would like to buy your backplane, cloud so posts pictures to check if it fits may case.
And tell me how much shipping to 53229 Bonn, Germany would be?
I think you would be better looking at this ebay listing,
SUPERMICRO BPN-SAS2-826EL1 CSE-826 SATA/SAS EXPANDER BACKPLANE BOARD REV 1.01 | eBay
It is a little more money but no customs issues.
https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/BPN-SAS2-826EL_1.0.pdf
My current case has a couple of posts that would interfere with the metal frame of the BPN, and I didn't want to cut the frame of the BPN. I suspect it will go in in place of a BPN-SAS-826EL1 very easily.
Or, if you have enough room, you could run cables

james23

Nov 18, 2014
greg, does your bpn-sas2 include the metal frame? (i saw y our post in my other thread).

If it does, im willing to buy it (and even if it does not fit my setup, i wont return it, ill just get a new chasis for it). tks

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
greg, does your bpn-sas2 include the metal frame? (i saw y our post in my other thread).

If it does, im willing to buy it (and even if it does not fit my setup, i wont return it, ill just get a new chasis for it). tks
It does indeed have the metal frame. As I said, I picked it up in August from EPC sales, epcsales on eBay
I powered it up, verified firmware, that it could see a drive, then realized the mechanicals would be more work than I felt like doing.