Supermicro Board no heatsink on VRM?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

System48

Nov 29, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I just bought a combo CPU/Motherboard on ebay, the X11SCZ-F and E-2176G, and although I'm sure it's fine I just thought it was strange that there's no heatsink on the VRM for this motherboard. Here if anyone is interested, Brand New! SuperMicro X11SCZ-F Combo w/ Intel Xeon E 2176G 6C 3.7/4.7GHz IPMI | eBay

All of the other motherboards for this series have a heatsink on the VRM except this one. They are all a bit different in VRM design with the X11SCA being the most similar (5+2 phase vs 6+2). Also on Supermicro's product page the pictured board has different VRM design entirely with a heatsink, zooming in shows it's a 1.00 revision vs. the manual's 1.01/1.10 and ebay listing 1.10 revision.

Anyways, does this seem strange to anyone else?

Last edited:

kapone

May 23, 2015
You said you bought an X11SCA-11...but your link shows X11SCZ-F...

And yes, the X11SCZ-F does not have a heatsink on the VRMs. It's not there even in Supermicro's own user manual.

System48

Nov 29, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
You said you bought an X11SCA-11...but your link shows X11SCZ-F...

And yes, the X11SCZ-F does not have a heatsink on the VRMs. It's not there even in Supermicro's own user manual.

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed it, been looking at these boards a lot for the last couple weeks. Took awhile to arrive at my final selection for my build.