SuperMicro AOC-STGN-I2S labeled Coraid. Can't install drivers and use lan card.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
Recently I purchased two lan cards SuperMicro AOC-STGN-I2S (Two 10Gb\s SFP+ ports). One of them work OK under Windows (my test PC) and under FreeBSD on my server. Second one is exactly the same card but with sticker on it "Coraid". The problem is that I can’t use it at all (in Windows and FreeBSD it is not working):

1.Bootloader gives me error during boot: "PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not much!".

2. In Windows device manager I got two unknown devices without drivers and I can’t install official drivers from SuperMicro web site. Device ID is: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0001&CC_0200

As I understand, Coraid label means that this lan card is flashed to another firmware to support network storage features that Coraid software provides.

Is it possible to flash this card back to original SuperMicro firmware and use it as a usual network card?

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Is it possible to flash this card back to original SuperMicro firmware and use it as a usual network card?
See if anything here works. Or download the whole ISO here. I don't know if the flash utility will reject the card for having oddball firmware or vendor ID, though.

Yuck - I forgot that the forum software doesn't actually support all types of URL in the URL= tag. Copy the URL below into a browser window:

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Networking_Drivers/CDR-NIC_1.43_for_Add-on_NIC_Cards/Intel/LAN/
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Networking_Drivers/

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
Thank tou for links, but it is the same Drivers as Intel drivers for x520-da2. I tried to google this problem. I found utility from Intel that allows to flash firmware (bootutil) but it didn’t recognize Coraid card because of changed hardware IDs. For system it’s not Supermicro card with Intel chip. Then I tried the same on original Supermicro card and updated firmware with no problem. So I don’t know what else I can do with them, probably should be the way to change HW IDs....