Supermicro AOC-SLG3-8E2P Octaport NVMe HBA

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
my AOC-SLG3-8E2P has one occulink port for each U.2 channel/drive. never came across any breakout cables nor have I really searched for one. you do have to be careful here because different cables, even with the same end connectors as another, may not work with a specific PCIe card.

Reactions: Bert

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
my AOC-SLG3-8E2P has one occulink port for each U.2 channel/drive. never came across any breakout cables nor have I really searched for one. you do have to be careful here because different cables, even with the same end connectors as another, may not work with a specific PCIe card.
Thanks, I must be confused, after checking I noticed that each occulink port is a single x4 channel.

Do you like this card? Did it cause any issues other than the cabling issue you mentioned?

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
Thanks, I must be confused, after checking I noticed that each occulink port is a single x4 channel.

Do you like this card? Did it cause any issues other than the cabling issue you mentioned?
the card is great - it went up by almost 100 dollars because of covid. I use it with VROC (with some more details in my post in this thread). Its rock solid and speeds are super fast. Its way more reliable than my LSI MegaRaid cards that sometimes do funky stuff

Reactions: Bert

pakcikkayo

May 28, 2018
I have this card 8port, the 4 port and the 2 port as well. They works well as direct attached no hassle.
The only thing I cannot figured out or find is the cable to support dual-port NVMe drives and to use dual controllers.
SANBlaze has photo showing the SFF8639 to *2 SFF8643 cable is available here: NVMe | sanblaze and SerialCable has the Oculink version here: Gen4 OCUlink x4 (SFF-8611) *2 to x4 PCIe Drive Receptacle (SFF-8639) Cable - Serial Cables

So, question: anyone able to test dual-port nvme drives with dual contollers?

Reactions: abq

abq

May 23, 2015
I have this card 8port, the 4 port and the 2 port as well. They works well as direct attached no hassle.
The only thing I cannot figured out or find is the cable to support dual-port NVMe drives and to use dual controllers.
SANBlaze has photo showing the SFF8639 to *2 SFF8643 cable is available here: NVMe | sanblaze and SerialCable has the Oculink version here: Gen4 OCUlink x4 (SFF-8611) *2 to x4 PCIe Drive Receptacle (SFF-8639) Cable - Serial Cables

So, question: anyone able to test dual-port nvme drives with dual contollers?
I am interested in dual port as well. Did you receive any additional information or guidance from helpful STH gurus?