Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 Dual M2 card

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
That is super interesting. Let me see if I can get one.

Reactions: pyro_

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
so far i have not found anyplace that has pricing on it so must be fairly new. I do have an email out to a canadian supermicro retailer to see if they can get me a price

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Just heard back on a price 62$ CND which is not too bad at all, i might just have to pick up a couple of them for the machine i am about to build

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Cool card I'll def take 1 when I can get it, I have some Samsung NVME stiting here thatw ould like to go in there :D

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
Anyone had a chance to try one of these out? It doesnt look like it has plx chip. Hope it works, been looking for something like this for a while.

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
wiredzone has it listed, but not in stock. I wonder too if anyone has gotten there hands on one.

bateau

Jan 22, 2017
Got one (from lambda-tek), installed in a Supermicro SYS-5028D-T4NT running esxi 6.5.
At least with the default BIOS settings, only the top slot seems to be recognized by esxi.
I have tested with and without the motherboard M.2 slot populated, tried some simple PCI BIOS settings, and I did power off the machine between tries in order to bypass the Samsung 960 incompatibility bug with that motherboard, but no difference.

Maybe I tested with the wrong BIOS settings. There is a "bifurcation" option in the BIOS, but there is a lot of other stuff, and I didn't feel like testing all possible permutations blindly.
In absence of a hard immediate need for more slots, I let it drop for now.
Maybe someone here knows how to ask Supermicro why that is or knows how to enable the bottom slot?

So I have not been able to test if this is a controller-equipped pci board that will allow me to get full bandwidth of both slots, but I can confirm that:
* the top slots works
* at a good speed
* and the 960 in it stays rather cool (better than the 950 I have on-board, even with the copper heatsink I added to it), so the airflow is good.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I actually have the last motherboard on that approved list (X10SRA), now to find me one of these cards... lol iirc though, that board has no IPMI so I've bee debating selling it.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I just got word from my sales rep I can get these.
Going to get 1 to test, if anyone else wants one shoot me a PM they're not expensive (somewhat scary in itself).

alex1002

Apr 9, 2013
Sweet little card. Will it work in non supermicro systems? Can you boot off it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

escksu

Jan 30, 2017
Hmm, if your board does not support bifurication, I doubt it will work. I do not see any PLX chip on the card. I believe the circuit is similar to the Dell card. No PLX, each slot runs traces directly to 4 PCIE lanes. 2 slots will need 8 lanes.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hmm, if your board does not support bifurication, I doubt it will work. I do not see any PLX chip on the card. I believe the circuit is similar to the Dell card. No PLX, each slot runs traces directly to 4 PCIE lanes. 2 slots will need 8 lanes.
Its a x8 card so this might work :)