Supermicro A1SRI-2758F IPMI Remote Media Not Working

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pc-tecky

May 1, 2013
Scratching my head.. My old Supermicro X7DVL-E, while is limited on RAM resources and runs hot enough to heat the room during the winter, all of the IPMI functions simply worked. I am not getting the IPMI remote media to take with this A1SRI-2758F, it simple jumps to the HDDs from the former FreeNAS box. I just downloaded fresh version of Java Run Time for the KVM functions, I have Supermicro's IPMI View Program installed, and just finished fresh downloads of both the IPMI and the BIOS, and flashed the board. Still not taking. Any ideas? Is this part of the AVG54 bug? Booted from the DOS USB flash drive just fine.

----

Shaking my head in shame. Sigh! Maybe the IPMI update did do something, but I certainly didn't recall seeing the "Plug In" and "Plug Out" buttons earlier after selecting the ISO media. Installing via remote media now.

----

Is this a glitch or part of that AVR54 bug? In order to boot from USB, I now have it set as:
UEFI USB Sandisk
USB Sandisk
UEFI Network
P1... -> basically first SATA HDD
UEFI Shell

With the following boot order, it would skip over for whatever reason the USB options only to fail on either the first SATA HDD or network booting (order a bit fuzzy now, but you get the idea).
USB Sandisk
UEFI USB Sandisk
UEFI Network
UEFI Shell

And clearly, this initial setup would fail to boot as the first SATA HDD was a data drive from my Core2Duo system setup running FreeNAS. Trying to consolidate.
USB Sandisk
UEFI USB Sandisk
UEFI Network
UEFI Shell

Last edited: