SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX Motherboard $110 + ship

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
@Aestr

Do you remember what the IPMI IP address was on your device or the subnet? Also was the default password set on it as well? I don't have a VGA cable where I'm at and cant' connect a monitor up to it so was hoping to get IPMI up and running.

Support email from SM says needs RMA - too bad - I knew there was a risk, but... Still waiting on my RMA #.

Brendan
Same here for both of mine but I was almost certain that was the case when purchasing thou.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
The IP address was weird. It wasn't set to DHCP, but it had an APIPA address statically entered.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I can't seem to find a way to reset the IPMI back to use DHCP or factory settings without hooking it up to a monitor. There are a ton of ways to reset the password out there thou without VGA.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
This is the exact reason I bought a Lantronix Spider. It has saved me from dragging monitors around countless times.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I updated the IPMI firmware and the boards firmware and was able to install pfSense without using ZFS-ROOT.

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
I just received my board back from Supermicro yesterday afternoon, and swapped it into one of my NAS4Free boxes where it is working quite nicely now. It appears that they replaced the video chip for my no video issue. I did request that they address the AVR54 bug while they had it, but I haven't quite figured out how to show the CPU stepping in FreeBSD to see if they changed that too.

brmiller

Jan 1, 2017
Finally got this board back from SM. Actually, I think they lost my board. After 14 days, I started calling RMA department to ask for an update and left countless message or just got tired of waiting > 60 minutes on hold. Left emails. Nothing. Finally one day, I managed to get through and the rep said he showed my board being received (in July) in the shipping department, but there was no record of it in the RMA department. He would investigate and call me back. Several emails and no real status. Called again, same thing - "we show it in shipping, but not in RMA". I told them they needed to find it and get it fixed and get it to me. It had now been 2 months (!) since they received it. I think I called a third time and implored them to do something. This rep said she would investigate and call me back. Two more days went by. Then out of no where, I got a shipping notification that my board (a replacement with a new serial number actually) was en route to me. So I finally am starting to play with this. Being a new serial number, I half feel like I should call back and ask if this serial number is victim to the AVR54 bug or whatever it was called.

During this RMA hiatus, I started looking for DDR3 SODIMM ECC ram for it and began hating myself for even acquiring this thing as this specific RAM is $$$! I think I finally have a lead on some which will be here next week, so hopefully it works. The ATP SATA DOM is nice, only 322 LBAs written according to smartctl.

I already have an A1SAM-2750F (M-ATX 8 core big brother) that I use for virtualization (KVM/QEMU and LXD) experimentation - not even sure what I'll do with it. Oh yeah, and I also learned the power supply in the 2U case I was going to use is flaky and "cuts out" / power cycles every 60 seconds or so. So this "deal" is becoming quite a pill. Thanks, STH. :)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
On the paperwork I got with my other package from STH they said issue found, board replaced, so they didn't even repair it would seem.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
my board was replaced with new one as well, since they cant even boot it up neither lol.