Supermicro A1SAI-2750F no video out, how to get IPMI address?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sparesim

Oct 12, 2015
I have 2 A1SAI-2750F's and they both do not display anything on power up. The fans spin and the IPMI led is flashing green so I assume IPMI is working. However since I cannot get to BIOS display I don't know how to connect. I have cleared CMOS so everything should be back to default. Does anyone know the default settings of A1SAI-2750F? Even better does anyone know what the problem is? Both boards would power on, stays on for about 2-3 minutes and the reset themselves, no display at all. I heard about the Intel Avoton bug, is it likely both boards are affected by the same bug?

vanfawx

Jan 4, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
There should be a sticker on or near the network ports with the mac address printed.

Might not be a bad idea to open a RMA with SuperMicro to see if these boards can be repaired.

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
If your IPMI is at default configuration, it should look for an address via DHCP so you can look in your DHCP server logs for leases.

Does the A1SAI-2750F have a jumper to enable/disable VGA? The SM boards I've got have a jumper (called JPG1 IIRC) that stops video output.