Supermicro A1SAi-2750F IPMI och showing CPU temp (all of a sudden!?)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
So, new problem with my Atom board, yey.

Since about 2 weeks my IPMI readings are ony giving me CPU temp. No other values are available (via IPMIview, snmp etc).

Anyone have any idea what it could be, or seen something like this before? BIOS and IPMI version should be the latest.

(I have not been able to get to the board to clean CMOS battery etc, maybe that would be the first step?)

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
The SDR data in BMC has become corrupted somehow (SDR stores sensor data). You need to completely reset the BMC. Easiest way to do that is to get the lastest IMPI software update from SMs website (even if its the same version you are already running) and update the software, making sure that you let it reset the password, etc.

You might also be able to recover it by just doing a cold reset of the BMC. Download "ipmicfg" from supermicro. This is a DOS based tool so you'll need to boot into DOS and run the command "ipmicfg -fde" to completely reset to factory default.

Reactions: Patrick and kroem

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
The SDR data in BMC has become corrupted somehow (SDR stores sensor data). You need to completely reset the BMC. Easiest way to do that is to get the lastest IMPI software update from SMs website (even if its the same version you are already running) and update the software, making sure that you let it reset the password, etc.

You might also be able to recover it by just doing a cold reset of the BMC. Download "ipmicfg" from supermicro. This is a DOS based tool so you'll need to boot into DOS and run the command "ipmicfg -fde" to completely reset to factory default.
Wonderful! A "-fde" flag fixed it. I had tried to reset it in the IPMIView tool, but to no avil.

Thanks!!

Reactions: PigLover

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Good to know that fixed it. I had a similar problem earlier this year and did the firmware upgrade - but realized later a cold restart should have done the job. Again - glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk