SUPERMICRO 64GB SATA SMC SATADOM - $29.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Wow, first time I've seen a CDW outlet part number work for more than one order. They must be closing them out so the CDW part number isn't just qty 1. Great to learn this as I was wondering why it was still showing in stock.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I saw the measurements of the box on Fedex and thought "Total overkill." SMH. Your picture is just confirmation.

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
Does anyone know if these run off 12v,5v,3.3v. I know super-micros have these, and you can probably even run a fan off the generic 2pin connector - but I haven't had access to plug something in and measure.

Would love to use these for Open Compute nodes, and just tap into the molex wires.

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
Seem to be 5v according to Super Micro Computer, Inc. - SATA DOM Solutions:
Due to its optimized design the Supermicro SuperDOM does not require a 5V power cable as do other SATA DOM products on the market, thus improving performance and reliability. However, it is still backward compatible with server boards requiring this 5V power cable.
Darn, means i'd need to run a buck converter from 12v to 5v off molex lines. Too much hassle at that point.