Supermicro 505-203B + Xeon D board cable management

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
I recently purchased a Supermicro X10SDV Xeon D board and a SC505-230B to house it.

Was wondering how others have routed their 20pin PSU cable around the RAM slots? It's pretty inflexible and obviously there's hardly any room in the short depth 1U chassis. I have been running mine with the top off as I'm waiting on some fans to arrive but when I try to "dry fit" the top the middle tries to bulge as the 20pin cable has to rest on top of the RAM slots.

I guess I could move the single DIMM from Slot 1 to Slot 4 and I'd have more room? But that doesn't allow for the max 4 DIMMs. Or maybe cut the preinstalled cable tie on the 20pin cable to allow it to spread out and not sit so high?

I will update this post w/ a pic when I get home in case I'm making no sense at all.

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
Genius! I had other cables stashed there and it never occurred to me to move them and put the PSU cable there.

Thank you Señor