Supermicro 5019S-ML $131.99 + Shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
Seems CDW Outlet cancelled the order (for 1) the next day; and when I called to ask why, was told "discontinued model" and the sales agent on phone had no more information.

posternutbag

Jan 2, 2019
Seems CDW Outlet cancelled the order (for 1) the next day; and when I called to ask why, was told "discontinued model" and the sales agent on phone had no more information.
Sorry, bud-- hopefully you weren't too far into the build. If I see another one I'll let you know before I post, but it'll take weeks to drop to that point again.

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
Sorry, bud-- hopefully you weren't too far into the build. If I see another one I'll let you know before I post, but it'll take weeks to drop to that point again.
I've never order from CDW Outlet before; but what was odd, is there were about a dozen listings for the same SuperMicro item when I ordered mine.

I have learned via google that with CDW outlet, it seems it is suggested to order via phone rather than online.

Regardless, I had put an hour into self-learning about what CPU to use for I'd have to buy one, but nothing was ordered - so just lost a bit of time.

I thinking i'm going to just try out pfsense on an ancient 1U SuperMicro I do have, with a very old Atom D525, non-AES/NI; Intel Pro 1000 Quad port 1GB NIC.

Then wait for all the HP T730 to hit ebay as corporates move on to the new T740