Supermicro 3.5 hard drive screws and labels $1.55

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
This isn't over guys. Still listed at $1.55 sold by Amazon. Some times the default listing shows other sellers; but look at under the "other sellers on Amazon" and you'll see it's still $1.55 sold by Amazon.
But the shipping to UK is so expensive!! But I found a company called shipito.com, which might help a bit.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
US flat small rate box to UK is about $35 for up to 20lbs! Fill that up with 20lbs of screws and resell it in the UK!
Not entirely correct. Small flat rate boxes are limited to 4lbs (also $25, not $35). Only the larger ones permit up to 20lbs.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
This showed up at exactly the right time.

I can't work out how much a bag of 100 of 3.5" screws weighs. The Amazon.com page says that _shipping weight_ is 0.8 ounces, which I guess is the one I should be using if it's going to be delivered to a forwarding service. Does that sound about right?

But if you look at the 2.5" screws at https://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-Screw-Label-Swap-Tray/dp/B0038KU1YO/ the specs say shipping weight is 0.32 ounces but the the item weight is a whopping 5.6 ounces!! What's going on here? I can't find any reliable information anywhere, and I can't find these in the Supermicro catalog either.

I'm thinking I should order five bags of each, deliver them to the forwarding service, and hope that forwarding them to the UK won't break the bank. Otherwise I don't know because I have reliable information to base my decision on. Any ideas?

Last edited:

phroenips

Jul 14, 2013
In case it helps, I just put five packages on a kitchen scale. Total of 5.25 ounces, or 150g.

These are for the ones in the OP

levifig

Nov 27, 2017
levifig.com
Well, since Amazon still takes orders even without inventory and the price was still $1.55, I just ordered 3 more bags and I'll get them when I get them…

This is the nerdiest thread on STH: going nuts (HA!) over screws! haha

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
I ordered two when this deal was first announced and my wife apparently misplaced them. I got quite upset and she got even more upset for me making a big deal over these. Seeing the length of this thread, I believe I was right to be upset.

Reactions: BLinux

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I ordered two when this deal was first announced and my wife apparently misplaced them. I got quite upset and she got even more upset for me making a big deal over these. Seeing the length of this thread, I believe I was right to be upset.
i don't know, that's probably not the right way to get screwed.

Reactions: Serhan

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
We need a "Best of STH" page. This "thread" ("thread", get it? haha!!) would deffo be in the top 5 of all time.

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
Sadly I only have a few of these left. I wonder if we can again see these for a dollar?