Supermicro 10-bay 2.5" NVME w/ X10DRU $300 Shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
Saw this last night as well and thought about it, but decided not pulling the trigger since it's not needed for my home lab and haven't step into NVMe yet. Also avoided getting murdered by my wife (phew)...

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
I wonder if we see low prices for this kind of hardware ever in the future. FOMO is driving some of my purchases. At the moment I am contemplating to buy CSE 847-E16 for $80 just because it is so cheap. I have no use case for 45 spindle disk shelves and possibly it will be a worse choice over my Netapp disk shelves which are super quiet and surprisingly more power efficient yet it is such a low price for this great hardware.

I guess the answer for future prices depends on how many of such servers/enterprise hardware will be shipped in the future. Cloud is growing very strong and companies are reducing their IT hardware purchases. Big cloud companies are utilizing their own custom hardware optimized for power and space. Most of this hardware will have no home usage so chassis like this may become less available in a few years as small IT shops are getting closed due to Cloud migration. For proof, watch the news for Netapp.

Last edited:
Reactions: itronin and mmo

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
The seller has relisted 5 more. The motherboard alone is tempting with the OBO but I dont want a for 1U screamer at home. Even the Mobo is a want rather than a need.

Reactions: mmo

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I didn't see them either. The ones that sold yesterday show up in a sold search, so I don't know that they did list 5 more unless they pulled them immediately.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
The seller has relisted 5 more. The motherboard alone is tempting with the OBO but I dont want a for 1U screamer at home. Even the Mobo is a want rather than a need.
Link? I cannot seem to find the listing.