SuperChassis 842TQ dimensions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Doofus

Aug 16, 2017
Anyone who can either confirm or deny the actuall depth for the SuperChassis 842TQ is as advertised: 521mm / 20.5". And if it is, is 521 mm back to front, or back to handle's who are sticking out the front

I ask because i want to put it in a 600mm 19" Wall mounted Rack, The actual distance between the front rail/post (where u put the cage nuts) and the back of the rack/wall is 521mm. Which then would leave no space for airflow or even the powerplug.

I also considered cases from inter-tech.. who also advertise as being 521 mm deep, but then technical drawings show them only beeing 430ish deep.Therefore i kinda hope the SC 842TQ also is smaller then listed, and this 521mm acually being the size of required rackspace.

I really want this Supermicro case for my new server and am almost willing to just let it stick out a bit.. But then i bought this rack primarly for housing the server, so i then might be forced to go for the inter-tech case, DILEMAS..

advice is apreciated!

Last edited: