Super Talent 8GB DDR3-1333/PC3-10600 ECC UNREGISTERED $49

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Good price, especially for a Sandybridge system. However 1333 Cas9 and 1600 Cas 11 are quite comparable, so even on Ivy they would be fine.

I've gone for CT102472BD160B's, but think I had the last in Europe, cannot get the KVR16E11 as Kingston themselves have a 3 week lead time!, 8gb sticks are getting as rare as hens teeth,
so someone should snap these up!.

cafcwest

Feb 15, 2013
Richmond, VA
$61.99 on Superbiiz
W1333EB8GM Super Talent DDR3-1333 8GB ECC Micron Chip Server Memory - DDR3 SDRAM Server - 240 Pins - SuperBiiz.com

I've got two sticks that I put into a Supermicro 1U E3-1260L build about a year ago, to be a small/quiet Hyper-V host for basic building/testing/etc. A "workbench server". However, follies updating the SM BIOS (that's always fun!), and then some odd BSOD's made me lose confidence in the box, and it'd been sitting for the past year.

I just recently dusted it off, and decided to troubleshoot. As before, the 2008 R2 install was not stable at all. So I pulled the SSD's, and health checked them in another box. I threw an old spinner into the SM box, quick Server 2012 install from USB, and proceeded to Memtest and Prime 95 the box. That was last weekend. And I sort of forgot about it until yesterday. Came back to the box and it was running like a trooper. I was pleasantly surprised.

Cliffs: two sticks that I just tortured and they held up well. I'd buy the RAM. But for a few bucks more, I'd buy new from Superbiiz.