Sun Oracle Flash Accelerator F40 400GB PCIe SSD - $99 + 15 BIN

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
They always show as multiple disks, as do a lot of other older PCI-e SSDs. You can do the firmware update thing discussed in this thread to get it to RAID-mode but by the sound of it it may not be worth it. I would recommend using something in the OS to RAID it, and would never personally use raid0 on these as they don't seem to be the most reliable.

Reactions: eroji

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
They always show as multiple disks, as do a lot of other older PCI-e SSDs. You can do the firmware update thing discussed in this thread to get it to RAID-mode but by the sound of it it may not be worth it. I would recommend using something in the OS to RAID it, and would never personally use raid0 on these as they don't seem to be the most reliable.
Thank you. I must've completely skipped past the pages talking about this.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Is anyone using these as SLOG device? I'm wondering what's the best setup I should put them in. Stripe all 4 devices or mirrored+stripe... I plan on putting 2 of these in my FreeNAS box since I have two pools, so I could even do a mirrored+stripe across cards.

lowfat

Nov 25, 2016
Is anyone using these as SLOG device? I'm wondering what's the best setup I should put them in. Stripe all 4 devices or mirrored+stripe... I plan on putting 2 of these in my FreeNAS box since I have two pools, so I could even do a mirrored+stripe across cards.
I don't really see the point to mirroring an SLOG. I bought one of these for an SLOG but haven't got around to finishing the system. I'll just be stripping all 4 drives.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I don't really see the point to mirroring an SLOG. I bought one of these for an SLOG but haven't got around to finishing the system. I'll just be stripping all 4 drives.
I tried that last night and the performance was very bad. Crystal Disk Mark can't even get over 100MB/s for write.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk