Suggestion for Reviews

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Pri

Jul 30, 2014
I really do enjoy the reviews here at STH but if there's one thing I'd really like is a table at the start of a review or mid-way on the first page of a review that lists all the specifications of the product.

Take this review for example: https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-a2sdi-tp8f-review-12c-4x10gbe-and-4x1gbe-mitx/

I really would like to see what CPU it uses, the frequency, the core count, the cache amount, the type of on-board NIC's it uses, the maximum amount of memory support, ECC yes/no, maximum memory frequency supported, the BMC chip model and all that in a neat table. Quite a lot of specs could be listed, how many SATA it has, how many M.2, how many PCIe lanes are available and so forth.

Anyway great review as always, keep up the good work :)

Reactions: Amrhn and Patrick

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Speaking of suggestions: MOAR WORKSTATIONS!!!1 @Patrick you reading this? Ask Dell, Lenovo and HP to send you some Precisions/ThinkPad Pseries/Zbooks!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Pri seen. We will see what we can do. Part of the issue is that it takes a non-trivial time to format and align.

@Wasmachineman_NL - so rumor has it @William has a beastly Workstation review coming (system has not been shipped yet.) On the workstation notebooks, I have specifically told vendors I do not want to do them as much this year. What we found is that these vendors were sending notebooks to get their marketing department's review counts up instead of servers instead of in addition to servers. You will see things like the Tiny/ Mini/ Micro PCs being converted to servers or dual-use boxes.