Stupid mistake, recovery software needed?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

spyrule

Hey guys,

I tried something, and screwed up. I used my workstation (core i7) to see if it supported certain functionality within ESXi 5.5. So I shut it down, pulled all the hdd's, installed a new drive, rebooted with install media and installed ESX. It was only AFTER I finished the install, that I realized I had left a single HDD plugged in.

So, of course the drive is wiped and re-partitioned (ffs!).

Is there any software that you are aware of that can "undo" a re-partition and recovery ?

Most of the stuff on the drive I don't care about, but there is a few items, I'd like to try and recover if possible.

This is why I was building a new server to create a backup with. Stupid me for jumping the gun, so to speak.

spyrule

Well it turns out after 5-6 hrs of attempting some partition recoveries, i was able to look at the contents and nothing made sense. Took a second physical look, turns out i plugged in the wrong hdd. Swapped the sata cable and voila, everything was back. Phew! Annoying to have wasted 5hrs, but i got the best outcome.