Strange FreeNAS sharing problem

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Box has 2 pools Media and Backups. I can copy to Media all day long but get an "Access Denied" error when I try to copy to Backups. All share settings are exactly the same for both pools. I can read Backups just fine. I've tried from Windows and Ubuntu, same results. Got to be something simple I've overlooked. any help mucho appreciated.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
There are no entries under Unix (NFS). This doesn't explain why one pool can be written to but not the other. I can write to the media pool from both Windows and Ubuntu. What am I missing here???

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
1. Reboot free as
2. Check under NFS share that you have security setup on it. IE assign root and wheel etc under advance setting.
3. Check if security exists on pool itself.
4 remove the NFS share create a new one.

That's the top troubleshooting idea I have

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks all. I'll fire it up tomorrow and check all the above. Funny thing is, this problem popped up out of nowhere. There's about 5 TB in the pool that got there via network copy. Did a scrub yesterday and all was well. I'm at a loss to explain how and why this happened.