$22 DDR4 16GB RAM
$10 WiFi Module
$10 120GB SSD
$14 Case
$7 120W Power Supply
$5 Others
Total: $148

StoraxaCreator
I understand your point but no one will order stuff on Ali Express in China, we use a similar platform from Alibaba called 1688.com,

For 1688, the language display is only available in Chinese. If you look at the site’s order quantity and price, you can see if you order more than 100pcs, the price will go down to less than 700RMB (which is about 100USD). Please note that we have gotten over 1900 orders now. I also want to point out that the supplier on 1688.com is also a reseller. We are dealing with the mass production manufacturer directly, that means the price is even lower than the price shown on the site. Unfortunately, Ali Express’ price is for overseas clients. Local companies all know how to source at a better price.

Sure, we can provide a cost breakdown. We are happy to provide the information to alleviate any concerns.

Reactions: Haldi

Haldi

Jan 9, 2023
Screenshot_20230118-122659_Firefox.png

Any Questions you have about the Team or the Project can now be asked and they will answer them.
So if you think this is a scam because of XYZ now is your chance to get answers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...0zODc5NTI4Mg==&reply=Q29tbWVudC0zODc5NjQ2NA==

P.S Hardware Transcoding via Plex works on Proxmox and N6005.

Yusseiin

Jan 18, 2023
Hi all,
first time here :)
I have experience with a dedicated server with i7 7700 on Hetzner, i am using it for Plex ( HW Trancoding ) and other service and it is working like a charm but the cost it is getting pretty expensive.
I was searching for an HomeNas at the lowest budget and found this "Storaxa" but with the N6005 i am not so convinced that it's enough to get a good result in HW transcoding with other service running in background.
The AMD Cpu seems a better choice but the compatibility for know seems awful.
Someone has experience with N6005 and can prove me wrong?

Sorry for bad eng.

Haldi

Jan 9, 2023
Try searching for users with the N5095 or N5105 which are pretty much the same CPU but more widely used.

nozama

Dec 1, 2020
yeah, the 11th gen ATOM is pretty good for the money, power consumption and performance. However, these ATOM only have 8 PCIE 3.0 lanes, split between the LAN, SATA, M.2, WiFi, and the U.2(?!). 5 of the 6 SATA seems to be split from a JMB585, and M.2 are using only 1 lane (pcie3.0 x1?), but still, not sure about the speed of the U.2 and the NVME cradle. If the U.2 is hooked up correctly, this is much better than that 1688 (or CWWK) board that's been around since last Sept. This is great for home lab or just home NAS, just hope that they have more info on how things are wired up and what performance should we expect. Also, no overheating on the 2.5Gbe chips, I hope.
p.s. I am guessing that U.2 is modded from the 2nd M.2 (ASMedia ASM2812X PCIe switch bridged over pcie3.0 x1 ?), unless they did a major work on the mobo.... sad...

Last edited: