Storage setup

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DD Anthony

Jan 14, 2017
Houston Texas
I'm interested to know and see what people have setup at home for storage going to need about 40TB to replace all my games downloads and stuff recently dismantled my game system any ideas?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
FreeNAS, SC216 24x 2.5" chassis, low power server platform and a pile of 4 or 5 TB Seagate's cracked from Backup Plus housings should do it nicely - as long as its backup / infrequent access. It its intensive use the low-end drives might not cut it.

Reactions: DD Anthony

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
My file server at home
Name: fileserver
Chassis: SC836B
Raid controller: Adaptec6805
Drives: 6x HGST Deskstar Nas 6tb (in Raid 6)

Do you want to have a central file server or can all the storage go to your gaming system?

DD Anthony

Jan 14, 2017
Houston Texas
My file server at home
Name: fileserver
Chassis: SC836B
Raid controller: Adaptec6805
Drives: 6x HGST Deskstar Nas 6tb (in Raid 6)

Do you want to have a central file server or can all the storage go to your gaming system?
I just want to store the game files so once my new system comes I can load what I need on the new system and keep the other files in storage. My goal is to not over load the next system with games I don't play anymore but I wish to keep all my archives and also store a few of my roommates files as well once I move my active games to the new system from the storage device I'm building up.